Hope

Ryan and I watched the DNC last night. What started with a great set by Cheryl Crow, ended with an emotional, uplifting, hopeful, goal-oriented speech by Barack Obama. In the middle, Bill Richardson (who I have had mixed feelings about in the past) fired me up, and Al Gore gave a rushed but BRILLIANT speech about the climate and how working to fix it will provide opportunities for our country across economic, political and social circles. I was moved. I was fired up, and I am proud and excited to be behind this campaign. I haven't felt this way about any politician in my short voting life. It's like that feeling you get as a kid the night before a big trip with your family. You know the drive will be long, but you can't quite comprehend how long. But you can't help but feel excitement and anxious to get going. So, here I am. One of the millions of young voters who will be standing behind Barack in November.